Monday, February 17, 2014

Day 36

Hi, I'm Jason and I'm an addict. (Hi Jason)  Today I have 36 days clean.  I've been to three meetings in the past 4 days and I've needed them.  Everyday is a struggle in the beginning. I know that's how it's supposed to be.  Last night I asked for a sponsor because I'm staring down that 4th step and I don't know where to start.  I'm scared.  There's a lot in my past that I don't want to bring to the surface.  A lot.

So I'm starting this blog a little late, but it's taken me that long to come up with an original title.  Today is day 36 of sobriety.  This time it's real sobriety.  No drinking, gambling, drugs, anything.  Eventually I'm thinking of giving up caffeine and nicotine too. 

I'm going to use this blog to share the things I'm afraid to share in meetings and to document my journey through the 12 steps and beyond.

If you're interested in how I got here, see my old blog at oblivionschild.BlogSpot.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment