Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Trust

I've always valued trust, but not in the way that most people do.  My focus was gaining other people's trust.  I knew where my dealer lived and I had permission to stop by whenever I wanted.  It elevated my self worth when people trusted me.  I always rook for granted the few people that I could trust with my secrets.  In fact, recently I stopped keeping secrets.  Still I trusted my mother with all of my secrets and never really questioned her position in my life as the most perfect person I would ever know.  She could make no mistake and I ignored her glaring flaws.  Yesterday she called me for the first time ever.  I thought she was genuinely interested in my job interview.  All she wanted to know as the big family secret.  So I told her.  No big deal, I trusted her.  Then she took their side.  How could she?  Why must even the tallest of pedestals crumble?

1 comment:

  1. Human beings don't belong on pedestals. They let us down, we let them down. I'm sorry you had to learn this lesson at a time you were vulnerable. This was over a month ago. I hope you're doing better.
    Love always.
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete